Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for making classic beef tacos. Feel free to customize the ingredients to suit your taste.
For the Taco Filling:
– 1 lb ground beef
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 packet taco seasoning (or use a homemade blend of chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and salt)
– 1/2 cup water
– Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tacos:
– Hard or soft taco shells
– Shredded lettuce
– Diced tomatoes
– Shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
– Sour cream
– Chopped cilantro
– Lime wedges
1. **Cook the Ground Beef:**
– In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped onion until it becomes translucent.
– Add the ground beef and garlic to the skillet. Cook until the beef is browned, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks.
2. **Season the Beef:**
– Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
– Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef and stir to combine.
– Pour in the water and simmer until the mixture thickens, and the flavors are well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. **Prepare the Taco Shells:**
– If using hard taco shells, heat them according to the package instructions.
– If using soft tortillas, warm them in a dry skillet or microwave.
4. **Assemble the Tacos:**
– Spoon the seasoned ground beef into the taco shells.
– Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
Serve the tacos with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the top.
Feel free to customize your tacos with additional toppings like guacamole, jalapeños, or hot sauce, according to your preferences. Enjoy your delicious homemade tacos!