Rice with gravy is a simple yet comforting dish that is enjoyed in many cultures around the world. It is typically made with rice, gravy, and sometimes meat or vegetables. The gravy can be made from a variety of ingredients, such as beef, pork, chicken, or vegetable broth, and it is often seasoned with herbs and spices.
Here is a simple recipe for rice with gravy:
* 1 cup long grain rice
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 3 cups beef broth
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. While the rice is cooking, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
5. Gradually whisk in the beef broth.
6. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the gravy has thickened.
7. Stir in the thyme, salt, and pepper.
8. Serve the gravy over the cooked rice.
* For a richer flavor, use beef stock instead of beef broth.
* You can also add other vegetables to the gravy, such as carrots, celery, or mushrooms.
* If you want a spicy gravy, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
* Rice with gravy can be served as a main course or a side dish.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!