Here’s a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe for you
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
7. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each cookie.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Enjoy your classic chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk or your favorite beverage!
Feel free to adjust the amount of chocolate chips or nuts according to your preference. Happy baking!