Banana bread is a classic and delicious treat. Here’s a simple recipe for classic banana bread
– 3 ripe bananas, mashed
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice (to prevent browning of bananas)
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg, beaten
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
– 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), optional
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork and stir in the lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar. Mix well.
4. Stir in the beaten egg until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon (if using), and ground nutmeg (if using).
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
7. If using nuts, fold in the chopped nuts into the batter.
8. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Enjoy your classic banana bread! It’s perfect for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of coffee or tea.