Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for banana pudding
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 3 cups whole milk
– 3 large egg yolks, beaten
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 3 ripe bananas, sliced
– 1 box (about 11 ounces) vanilla wafers
– Whipped cream (optional, for topping)
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, flour, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and milk until well combined.
3. Gradually add the milk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients in the saucepan, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
4. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens. This should take about 8-10 minutes. Make sure not to let it boil.
5. Once the mixture has thickened, remove it from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Allow it to cool slightly.
6. In a serving dish or individual serving cups, layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and the pudding mixture. Start with a layer of wafers, followed by banana slices, and then pudding. Repeat until all ingredients are used, finishing with a layer of pudding on top.
7. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours, or overnight. This allows the flavors to meld and the pudding to set.
8. Before serving, you can optionally top the pudding with whipped cream for an extra creamy touch.
Enjoy your homemade banana pudding!